Before Oral Sedation
To ensure you have been informed prior to taking triazaolam (Halcion®), you will be receive and must sign a Consent form before being provided the prescription. Should you have any questions about oral sedation, please call our office at Raleigh Office Phone Number 919-256-3996.
Please note that the Consent form must be signed at the time of consultation, before the medication is actually prescribed or taken.
Preparing For Oral Sedation Before Your Procedure
Please plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment and take triazolam as Dr. Horalek has directed you. The onset of triazolam is approximately 15–30 minutes but can take as long as an hour, depending on various factors.
- Do not drive after you have taken the medication.
- Please have an adult come with you to act as an escort and drive you home after the procedure. This person will need to wait for you in the waiting room until the procedure is completed, unless otherwise directed.
- Eat a light meal prior to your appointment.
- On the day of your procedure, wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing with short sleeves or sleeves that roll up easily.
- If you are taking medications, other than the medicines prescribed in this office, please bring them or a list of them with you.
- Please bring the remaining triazolam pills with you to your appointment.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible: Raleigh Office Phone Number 919-256-3996.